Miniature Relay Board KIT (5v 10AMP 250VAC) Ciseco CIS-RELAY5V NIB IoT
KIT - relay board simple to use 5v operation supports logic level also (10AMP)
This Miniature Relay Board is a great way to control high current and high voltage devices directly from a microcontroller output. Switches up to 10Amps at 12-24V DC. Rated at up to 250VAC.
This board is mentioned in many Raspberry Pi posts and articles. Just search for Ciseco CIS-RELAY5V for more information on using this with RPi (and easily on Arduino) ALL CISECO PRODUCTS WERE MADE IN UK
You need between 4V to 6V to power the relay coil. The input (IN) requires just a few milliamps at anywhere between 2.5V and 12V.
The first picture is of one I built, it was straightforward and simple to build. It worked well on the project I was working on.
Note: PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN SWITCHING AC ONLY QUALIFIED ELECTRICIANS SHOULD WORK WITH MAINS. RELAY MODEL MAY VARY (usually Omron.) Supplied as a kit. Easy to build.
- Low cost way to control larger voltages and currents.
- Supplied as a kit. Easy to build.
- Supports any microcontroller or TTL signal (3.3mA drive current) 3.3V to 5V supported.
- Relay current consumption at 5V is 73mA
- On-board switching transistor.
- On-board back EMF protection.
- Easy 1 wire drive. High for on, low for off.
- Small size 50mm long x 26mm wide x 19mm high
- High power 10 Amp @ 250V rated relay
- LED On/Off indication
- 2 Mounting holes